What is the best customer service number for Argos?
*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.
In the UK, Argos has become one of the biggest suppliers of electronic goods and most people look at shopping online instead of going to their local store. If you need to contact the Argos customer service department to return a faulty product or if you have general questions about payment or delivery then the best option is to call the customer service number and speak to one of the customer service agents. There are a number of topics that you can contact customer service about including:
• Getting information about the collection and delivery of products
• Getting product support
• Getting refunds, completing an exchange or returning the product
• Getting technical support for the product you have purchased
• Getting information about recent orders
If you are going to call the Argos customer service number then you need to be prepared for a long wait time particularly during busy hours. This is due to the large quantity of calls that they receive each day.
Information About Argos
In the UK and Ireland, they are one of the most popular and largest catalog retailers. They are a subsidiary of Sainsbury’s and offer both online and in-store shopping. Each year their website receives over 800 million visitors making it one of the largest online high street retailers in the UK.
The company was founded in 1973 by Richard Tompkins, but has changed ownership many times since then and it was bought out by Sainsbury’s in 2016. Since taking over ownership Sainsbury’s has planned to close down a number of the individual stores and integrate them into larger supermarkets instead.
A number of the brands that are sold by Argos are also owned by them. The company also has the selling rights to a number of brands including Tesco Cherokee clothing lines. Their credit card works with Vanquis bank.
Their catalogs are published twice a year and are still popular with customers. This is against the trend as many of the company’s customers will shop online.
All large brands have at some point been faced with controversy and they are not an exception. In 2002 the company got into trouble with the Scots, as a number of Scottish employees were refusing to work on a Sunday. The controversy came when these employees were fired.
In May 2002 Argos was also involved in a price-fixing scandal at the same time as several of their home furnishings were causing skin irritation and burns. They were, however, praised for the rapid recall of products that caused these problems which boosted their reputation with the general public and consumers. After a lengthy court battle customers were given compensation in 2010.
About Argos Customer Service
In regards to customer service, they have performed exceptionally well considering it is a huge and affordable high street brand. While the wait time can be long and there are some disgruntled customers out there, overall people have found that their issues are resolved once they have spoken to someone.
However, one common complaint with the service is that they have been greatly criticized for their pay and collect service. Many people have found that the payment has been taken for the product, but they are then out of stock. Instead of providing an immediate refund for the product they have asked people to take a different product instead or to wait until the product they want is in stock.
Their delivery service is generally reliable and fast which has led to high customer satisfaction particularly as the products are affordable. They are also one of the few companies that offer specific delivery slots. This allows you to choose when your products are delivered so you do not waste time.
If you are going to contact Argos customer service there are some pointers to make the experience better:
• Try and be polite even though human nature wants you to fight fire with fire. This is not an effective way to resolve problems and while you have the right to complain as you may have waited longer than you wanted in the call queue you should not take it out on the agent. Being polite will often get you further.
• Be prepared and ensure that you have all the information you might need ready when you make the call. This will make the overall experience much easier for everyone involved. The information you need will be the order number, the product name and the reference code.
• Explain the problem that you have in as much detail as possible and include all of the important information. This will result in a faster and better solution. If you are not going to be able to completely communicate what the problem is then you are going to make it harder for the customer service agent to offer you a helpful solution.
• Do not beat around the bush and if you know what you want then you need to ask for it. If you want a refund or an explanation on something or want to exchange something you have to tell the service agent clearly and concisely. If you do not ask then you will not be able to get what you are looking for.
• Always manage your expectations. It is important to remember that the Argos customer service representative that you speak to will generally not have the authority to approve any of your requests or give you the solution that you are hoping for. You might have to call back or wait for the service agent to call you back. You need to remain calm and collected at all time otherwise, you will end up going around in circles.
How can I get an online Argos account?
You can sign up for an online Argos account on their website. Click the ‘Sign In’ link and then click the ‘Register’ link on the following page. You then need to enter your email address and personal details. Once you have entered all relevant information into the online form, you should be sent a confirmation email. Follow the instructions in the email, such as clicking the link to confirm that you are the account holder and finalise your registration. You should now have an account and access to online facilities, including managing your previous orders.
Please note: If you have made an online order with them before, you may already have signed up for an account. If you think you have made an online account already but you can’t remember the password, follow the advice to retrieve your password. Contact the Argos helpline if you need further assistance.
I’ve forgotten my Argos account password – how can I retrieve it?
Go to their website and click the ‘Sign In’ link as usual. Now, instead of entering your log in details, click the ‘I’ve Forgotten My Password’ link. On the next page, submit the email address that is associated with your online account in the relevant field. You should receive an email from them with information on how to change or retrieve your password.
Can I return a product that I purchased from Argos?
In many cases, yes. They allow returns of many items, even if there’s nothing wrong with them. However, the item must be returned within the amount of time stated by the company, which can usually be found on the item’s receipt or on their website. The purchase must also be unused, in its original packaging and in a condition to be resold. If your item ticks all of these boxes and you have proof of purchase, such as a receipt, you should be able to make a return or exchange.
If you have owned your Argos purchase for more than the returns period stated on your receipt but it has broken, you may still be entitled to a repair. The best way to find out if they can repair your broken purchase is by contacting Argos customer services team or taking your purchase back to an Argos store.
Please note: There are some items which cannot be returned, such as jewellery or food. However, if you were sold a faulty item, you should still request a return or exchange by calling the Argos contact number listed above.
What payment options do I have at Argos?
You can buy their items online or in-store with Argos Cards, American Express Cards, Visa Cards, Master Cards, Maestro Cards, PayPal or a Nectar Cards. Some of these payment types can only be used in-store or online, not both. You may also be able to pay with an Argos Gift Card or an eligible promotion code.
What delivery/pick-up options do I have with Argos?
They deliver to addresses all over the UK mainland and Northern Ireland, as well as to the Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly and Scottish Islands, in some cases. The company delivers seven-days a week and offers Standard Delivery, Royal Mail Delivery and Fast Track Delivery for many items. If your item is eligible for ‘Fast Track’ delivery, it can be delivered on the same day, as long as you order it before a certain time. Large items and kitchen appliances are usually delivered by Standard Delivery or Next Day Delivery, with or without a pre-organised time slot.
If you would rather pick-up your Argos purchase, you can reserve items online and pick-up in-store. They also offer Fast Track Collection and Collection from a Sainsbury’s store in some cases. Call the Argos number above if you have additional enqueries.
What insurance does Argos offer?
They offer ‘Product Care’ as insurance for many items, but it must be purchased within a certain amount of time after the item’s initial purchase – this timeframe can usually be found on your receipt, order confirmation or on their website. The type of Product Care you purchase depends on the item itself and how much protection you would like to have. For example, for large electrical items, Argos offers ‘Argos Breakdown Care’, and for small electrical items, Argos recommends ‘Argos Replacement Care’. The company also provides a number of other types of insurance for jewellery, mobile phones, furniture, bicycles and strollers, and even pet insurance. Another option is extending your product warranty – again, this must be done within a certain amount of time of purchasing the initial product, call the Argos phone number to find out more. In most cases, you should be able to purchase Product Care or Extended Warranty on your product both online or in-store.
Have a better contact number for Argos?
- 1 What is the best customer service number for Argos?
- 1.1 Information About Argos
- 1.2 Controversial Comments
- 1.3 About Argos Customer Service
- 1.4 If you are going to contact Argos customer service there are some pointers to make the experience better:
- 1.5 How can I get an online Argos account?
- 1.6 I’ve forgotten my Argos account password – how can I retrieve it?
- 1.7 Can I return a product that I purchased from Argos?
- 1.8 What payment options do I have at Argos?
- 1.9 What delivery/pick-up options do I have with Argos?
- 1.10 What insurance does Argos offer?