What is the best customer service number for British Airways?
*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.
British Airways is an airline service which offers flights to a wide variety of central and regional airports all over the globe. The British Airways contact number also allows customers to book hotel accommodation and rental cars at their destinations.
British Airways Customer Services Menu
There are several British Airways customer service helpline options depending on the nature of your enquiry. If you have already made your booking, please have your booking number to hand before you contact British Airways helpline, and your telephone or mobile number if you are requesting a call-back. To save time we have assembled a list of options available when you call the British Airways phone number.
Customer relations enquiries
Select option 3 then option 2 on the automated call handling system. Lines are open 9am-6.15pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturdays. The call-back service is open 9am-5pm on Sundays.
Enquiries about existing flight bookings
Select option 1 on the automated call handling system. Lines open daily 6am-8pm.
Enquiries about existing hotel or car hire bookings
Select option 1 on the automated call handling system. Lines open daily 7.30am-8pm.
Enquiries about travelling with a disability
Select option 3 on the automated call handling system. There is access to a Minicom line for people with a speech or hearing impairment. Lines open daily 6am-8pm.
New booking enquiries and price comparisons
Select option 2 on the automated call handling system. Lines open daily 7.30am-9.45pm.
Do I need a visa for my journey?
You may need a visa as well as a valid passport for some journeys or parts of journeys. This is dependent on your nationality and the purpose of your journey, so BA customer services recommend visiting the IATA Travel Centre, which is linked through the BA website.
They recommend applying for relevant visas through embassy websites for the countries in question. British Airways have also partnered with VisaCentral to allow customers discounted aid with filling in visa applications, if you wish. You can apply for this as a BA customer through a link on the British Airways website.
How and when can I check in for my flight?
You must have your boarding pass before the check-in desk closes for your flight or you will be unable to board.
• You can check in online at the BA website up to 24 hours before your flight is due to depart through the Manage My Booking link. This allows you to print off your boarding pass. If you lose or damage it before boarding your flight, you can print a new one at the airport from one of the check-in kiosks.
• The British Airlines app is available for Smartphones, iPads and Apple Watches and allows you to check in up to 24 hours before departure. This allows you to download boarding passes for up to 8 people to your device and use without needing to print them out.
• You can check in at the airport and print off boarding passes at the check-in kiosks. You will need your booking reference or a form of ID such as a credit or debit card. You can also book in directly at a British Airlines check-in desk. BA recommends this option if you are having difficulties or need any additional help with check-in, if you are travelling in a group of more than 9 people, or if you are a child travelling alone.
About British Airways
British Airways was founded in 1919 and takes a keen interest in preserving its own heritage and that of its various predecessor companies, BOAC, BEA, BSEA and Imperial Airways Ltd. The BA Heritage Collection preserves an extensive amount of documentation about its and its predecessor companies’ modes of operation as well as crew uniforms, plane models, photographs and aviation poster collections. Photos and posters can be viewed on the British Airways website, and copies can be purchased by collectors and interested parties.
Customer Relations (S506)
PO Box 1126
Have a better contact number for British Airways?
- 1 What is the best customer service number for British Airways?
- 1.1 FAQs
- 1.2 About British Airways