What is the best helpine number for Passport Office?
*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.
HM Passport Office is the government agency responsible for issuing and maintaining passports in the United Kingdom. They are the only agency that has this authority. The service underwent a name change 2013, switching from the ‘Identity and Passport Service’ to HM Passport Office.
The HM Passport Office provides passport services to millions of citizens each year. HM Passport Office is part of the Home Office, a branch of the United Kingdom government.
How to Contact the Passport Office Number
HM Passport Office run a customer service line which operates seven days of the weeks. From Monday to Friday, the customer service line opens at 8:00AM and then closes at 8:00PM and on weekends the line opens from 9:00AM to 5:30PM. Please note that the Passport Office telephone number’s holiday hours may be different.
Things to Remember When You Call the Passport Office Contact Number
- HM Passport Office only provides passport services for British Nationals who are currently residing in the United Kingdom. For this reason they do not deal with expatriates or Citizens of Dependent Territories living abroad. In this case, you must find contact information for either the Foreign Commonwealth Office, or your local government office if you are calling from a dependent territory that is not part of the United Kingdom.
- Before you contact Passport Office examine your passport and make notes on what you need to discuss on the call to the Passport Office helpline. You should also have your passport with you so that you can provide any relevant information to the customer service operator. Doing this can speed up your call and ensure that you use your time effectively.
- At the first instance you may be greeted with an automated telephone line. Listen to all the options as selecting the right department will ensure that you are dealt with by the right member of staff with expertise in the area you require. This will overall, save time, even though it may seem slower at first.
I changed my name / I got married recently – do I need to change the name on my passport?
Yes, you need to change the name on your passport as soon as possible. You will need to submit a series of documents to HM Passport Office, which you can find about either online or by getting in touch on the Passport Office contact number provided.
I am renewing my passport – how soon will I get it?
Normally a renewal takes up to 3 weeks. For that reason, if you have a trip booked and aren’t sure if your passport will come in time you’ll need to find out about an Emergency Travel Document, either online or by calling the Passport Office phone number above. If it’s the first time you’ve applied for a passport, then you will need to wait up to 6 weeks before receiving it. Additionally, you will need to attend an interview if it is your first passport, this is a safety check to make sure that your application is authentic.
Have a better contact number for Passport Office?
- 1 What is the best helpine number for Passport Office?
- 1.1 How to Contact the Passport Office Number
- 1.2 Things to Remember When You Call the Passport Office Contact Number
- 1.3 FAQ