What is the best helpline number for UK Visas and Immigration?
*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.
UK Visas and Immigration is the name given to the agency that superseded the UKBA (UK Border Agency), along with several other agencies. The UKVI manages applications for working visas, immigration visas and applications for British Citizenship. UKVI was formed in 2013 and currently employs 7,500+ individual workers.
How to Contact UK Visas and Immigration Helpline
To contact the UKVI, call the number above. The customer service line is open five days a week and closed at weekends. From Monday to Thursday, the line is open from 9AM to 5PM, and on Friday it is open from 9AM to 4:30PM.
For subjects related to border enforcement, or if you believe you have information relating to immigration enforcement please contact the Immigration Enforcement organisation.
Things to Remember When Calling UK Visas and Immigration Contact Number
- This line is only applicable for those who are currently inside the UK. If you’re calling to ask about a visa application from outside the UK, you will need to find a different customer service line or get in contact via email or post. The system is entirely different for those outside the UK, so please do not call the UKVI contact number listed above.
- When calling the UK Visas and Immigration phone number, have all of your information regarding your visa application on hand. It’s important to have this with you so that the service agent can assist you properly.
- If you’re calling on behalf of someone else, regarding sponsorship of someone’s visa, or providing evidence of someone’s claim for asylum, or any other reason, ensure that you have as much information on the application and the individual as necessary for your call, including prior correspondence with UKVI.
I’m a European National, should I call the following line or use a different number?
If you are inside the United Kingdom then you may contact UKVI at the number listed above. If however, you are an EU or EEA national, or calling regarding an EU/EEA national, then you may call the EU customer service line. Information regarding this is available on the GOV.UK website.
Has there been any chance to my rights after the British referendum to leave the EU?
As of 28/2/17 there has been no change to the rights, or the status, of EU nationals living in the UK and UK nationals living in the EU, as a result of the British referendum.
Have a better contact number for UK Visas and Immigration?
- 1 What is the best helpline number for UK Visas and Immigration?
- 1.1 How to Contact UK Visas and Immigration Helpline
- 1.2 Things to Remember When Calling UK Visas and Immigration Contact Number
- 1.3 FAQ