What is the best customer service number for Virgin Trains?
*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.
Virgin Trains operates throughout the United Kingdom, with notable services taking passengers from London through to the Midlands, Wales, Scotland, and other destinations. Virgin Trains is legally known as West Coast Trains Limited, and is owned in joint by Virgin Rail Group, with a 51% shareholding, and Stagecoach with a 49% share. Virgin trains operates 17 stations with a fleet of 76 trains, comprising two types: Pendolino and Super Voyager. Their most important line is the West Coast Main Line which connects London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow, and Edinburgh.
How to Contact Virgin Trains Customer Services
Virgin Trains operate a customer service line should you have any enquiries about their company or your use of their services. From Monday through Sunday, the line is open for 14 hours, beginning at 8:00AM and closes at 10:00PM. Note that the hours of operation for public holidays may vary.
Things to Remember When Calling Virgin Trains Contact Number
- When you contact Virgin Trains, in the first instance you will be connected to an automated system. Listening to the instructions and available options is the best way of ensuring your query is dealt with in the fastest and most efficient way. Listen to all the options before selecting one, and you’ll be put through to an agent who is trained to deal with your query.
- It may be worth looking online before contacting to see if there’s information that can resolve your query. If your query is to do with train timings especially, there’s likely to be live updated information on the Internet, which could save you a call.
- If you’re calling about a journey that you took, or a ticket that you’ve bought, make sure you have as many details as possible on hand, including ticket stubs, receipts, or booking confirmations. This can make your call simpler and more effective for both you and the service agent.
I’ve lost my ticket, what can I do about it?
Unfortunately, like with many other rail operators, Virgin Trains will not take responsibility for passengers loss or misplacement of tickets. In this situation, you’ll have to rebook your ticket and pay for it again. For this reason, it’s of vital importance that you take good care of your ticket and leave it in a secure place that is easy to remember.
Can I change or amend my booking?
Yes, the easiest way to do this is to call the Virgin Trains phone number and select the option for ‘change and amend booking’, before speaking to an agent about the details of your request.
Can I make a booking over the phone?
Yes, while most bookings now are undertaken online, you can also make a booking for a ticket over the Virgin Trains helpline if you prefer this method of doing so. In this case, please call the Virgin Trains number and listen out for the ticket booking option.
Have a better contact number for Virgin Trains?
- 1 What is the best customer service number for Virgin Trains?
- 1.1 How to Contact Virgin Trains Customer Services
- 1.2 Things to Remember When Calling Virgin Trains Contact Number
- 1.3 FAQ