British Airways is open Monday through Friday 7:30am – 8.00pm, Saturday 7:30am – 8.00pm, and Sunday 7:30am – 8.00pm.
What is the best customer service number for British Airways?
*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.
British Airways is an airline service which offers flights to a wide variety of central and regional airports all over the globe. The British Airways contact number also allows customers to book hotel accommodation and rental cars at their destinations.
British Airways Customer Services Menu
There are several British Airways customer service helpline options depending on the nature of your enquiry. If you have already made your booking, please have your booking number to hand before you contact British Airways helpline, and your telephone or mobile number if you are requesting a call-back. To save time we have assembled a list of options available when you call the British Airways phone number.
Customer relations enquiries
Select option 3 then option 2 on the automated call handling system. Lines are open 7:30am-8:00pm Monday-Sunday. The call-back service is open 9am-5pm on Sundays.
Enquiries about existing flight bookings
Select option 1 on the automated call handling system. Lines open daily 6am-8pm.
Enquiries about existing hotel or car hire bookings
Select option 1 on the automated call handling system. Lines open daily 7.30am-8pm.
Enquiries about travelling with a disability
Select option 3 on the automated call handling system. There is access to a Minicom line for people with a speech or hearing impairment. Lines open daily 6am-8pm.
New booking enquiries and price comparisons
Select option 2 on the automated call handling system. Lines open daily 7.30am-9.45pm.
Do I need a visa for my journey?
You may need a visa as well as a valid passport for some journeys or parts of journeys. This is dependent on your nationality and the purpose of your journey, so BA customer services recommend visiting the IATA Travel Centre, which is linked through the BA website.
They recommend applying for relevant visas through embassy websites for the countries in question. British Airways have also partnered with VisaCentral to allow customers discounted aid with filling in visa applications, if you wish. You can apply for this as a BA customer through a link on the British Airways website.
How and when can I check in for my flight?
You must have your boarding pass before the check-in desk closes for your flight or you will be unable to board.
• You can check in online at the BA website up to 24 hours before your flight is due to depart through the Manage My Booking link. This allows you to print off your boarding pass. If you lose or damage it before boarding your flight, you can print a new one at the airport from one of the check-in kiosks.
• The British Airlines app is available for Smartphones, iPads and Apple Watches and allows you to check in up to 24 hours before departure. This allows you to download boarding passes for up to 8 people to your device and use without needing to print them out.
• You can check in at the airport and print off boarding passes at the check-in kiosks. You will need your booking reference or a form of ID such as a credit or debit card. You can also book in directly at a British Airlines check-in desk. BA recommends this option if you are having difficulties or need any additional help with check-in, if you are travelling in a group of more than 9 people, or if you are a child travelling alone.
About British Airways
British Airways was founded in 1919 and takes a keen interest in preserving its own heritage and that of its various predecessor companies, BOAC, BEA, BSEA and Imperial Airways Ltd. The BA Heritage Collection preserves an extensive amount of documentation about its and its predecessor companies’ modes of operation as well as crew uniforms, plane models, photographs and aviation poster collections. Photos and posters can be viewed on the British Airways website, and copies can be purchased by collectors and interested parties.
Can I change a cancelled flight?
Possibly. Whether you can change a cancelled flight usually depends on the availability of what service you would like to change the flight to. British Airways generally don’t charge customers for making changes but you may be subject to extra costs if the price of the flight you would like to book is higher than what you initially paid. Call British Airways customer service number at the top of this page to learn more.
How do I check in for a cancelled flight that I have re-booked?
Go to the British Airways website, click the ‘Manage My Booking’ tab and enter your flight information as usual. You should be able to check in as you would for any other kind of flight.
My flight has been cancelled – can I request a refund?
Yes. As long as you do so in plenty of time, you should be able to make the request for a refund on the British Airways website. If the cancelled flight is very soon, around a day or less, you may have to request a refund over the phone. Keep in mind, the service fee for booking your flight may not be refunded. In some cases, if you have booked a British Airways flight through a third party, a refund may not be possible. Check your booking provider’s terms and conditions or call the BA contact number above to find out if you can receive a refund.
Can I change my British Airways flight?
Sometimes. Some flights and bookings have different terms and conditions to others. You may need to check the terms and conditions of the booking you made. If you would like to change more than one flight that you booked at the same time, the terms and conditions may often be the same for all of the flights with the same booking reference.
When can I change a flight?
Most flights that are eligible for changes can be changed within the fortnight leading up to the scheduled departure of the flight. These changes can often be made online by going to the ‘Manage My Booking’ tab on the British Airways website. However, if the scheduled departure is less than a couple of days away, customers may have to make their changes over the phone or in person at a travel shop. Remember, your flights must be eligible for changes to be able to do any of the above. Check the terms and conditions of your booking or call the BA customer service number directly, if you’re not sure whether your flight can be changed.
Can I change the flight of just one passenger in a group booking?
In most cases, yes. However, you may need to contact British Airways directly to make the changes on your behalf. Edits made online may often change the booking for the entire group.
If I change my flight, does my request for a special dietary meal carry over?
No. In most cases, if you have changed your booking or flight, you may have to make dietary requests again on your new booking.
I made my British Airways booking with a travel agent – can I make changes to the booking online?
Possibly. If your scheduled departure is within the next couple of days, you may be able to make changes to your booking online using the ‘Manage My Booking’ tab. If your booking details are not recognised or the system won’t allow you to make changes, you should call the British Airways telephone number above or the travel agent that you booked with in order to make changes.
Please note: Customers that booked their British Airways flight with a travel agent cannot request refunds online, they must contact the travel agency to do this.
Can I make changes to my booking if it’s non-refundable, restricted or semi-flexible?
You may be limited to the changes you can make if your ticket is non-refundable, restricted or semi-flexible and, in some cases, you will not be able to make any changes. However, if your flight was cancelled by British Airways, you should be able to request a refund by calling the British Airways number listed above. If you made your booking through a travel agent, you may have to refer to their terms and conditions to find out if you can make changes or request refunds.
Do I need to rebook non-flight products if my fight is cancelled?
Yes. If your flight has been cancelled, you should rebook non-flight products, such as car rentals or insurance to match your new schedule, through the relevant booker. Changes may not be made automatically, so you should get in contact with the travel agent or company you made the non-flight product booking with.
Customer Relations (S506)
PO Box 1126
Have a better contact number for British Airways?
- 1 What is the best customer service number for British Airways?
- 1.1 British Airways Customer Services Menu
- 1.1.1 FAQs
- 1.1.2 Do I need a visa for my journey?
- 1.1.3 How and when can I check in for my flight?
- 1.1.4 About British Airways
- 1.1.5 Can I change a cancelled flight?
- 1.1.6 How do I check in for a cancelled flight that I have re-booked?
- 1.1.7 My flight has been cancelled – can I request a refund?
- 1.1.8 Can I change my British Airways flight?
- 1.1.9 When can I change a flight?
- 1.1.10 Can I change the flight of just one passenger in a group booking?
- 1.1.11 If I change my flight, does my request for a special dietary meal carry over?
- 1.1.12 I made my British Airways booking with a travel agent – can I make changes to the booking online?
- 1.1.13 Can I make changes to my booking if it’s non-refundable, restricted or semi-flexible?
- 1.1.14 Do I need to rebook non-flight products if my fight is cancelled?
- 1.1.15 Postal address:
- 1.1 British Airways Customer Services Menu