DPD is open Monday through Friday 9:00am – 9.00pm, Saturday 8:00am – 4.00pm, and Sunday 8:00am – 4.00pm.
What is the best helpline number for DPD?
*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.
DPD, or Dynamic Parcel Distribution, is a large-scale delivery company owned and operated by the parent organisation GeoPost. It was originally founded in Germany in 1977. Since then the company has grown exponentially and ships in excess of 2 million parcels daily. GeoPost, its parent company, is a subsidiary of France’s national postal service. The company was known as Parcel Line until 2008 at which time it underwent rebranding.
How to Contact DPD Customer Services
The company operates a service line that is available to take your call seven days a week. The lines open at 8:30AM and close at 11:30PM every day. This doesn’t apply to holidays, when the hours of operation may vary.
Things to Remember When You Call the DPD Contact Number
- When contacting the DPD customer care line remember to be polite and courteous. While it’s easy to feel frustrated at times when calling a service helpline, the staff are trained only to assist you and maintaining a positive attitude will vastly improve the quality and efficiency of your call.
- They operate an automated system in the first instance. Listen to all the options available and select the most accurate one for your enquiry. This will ensure your call to the DPD helpline is fast and efficient, and that you are put through to the right member of staff with the correct training to handle your query.
- Have as much information related to your parcel or delivery as you can when calling. This may include order numbers, previous attempted deliveries, addresses, confirmations, and parcel weight and dimensions. By having this information you can speed along your call rather than having to wait while you go and find it.
DPD Customer Service FAQ
Can I change where my package is delivered?
Yes, you can either collect the package from the depot yourself, or arrange for it to be delivered to an alternate address. To do this you need to call them with the relevant information about your delivery and change the delivery address.
When will my parcel be delivered?
They will often send you a text message or email confirmation with instructions on when your parcel will be delivered. Often, this is in a single hour window. If you haven’t received this information or your parcel hasn’t been delivered, or is late, you can call the DPD phone number above and speak with a customer service representative with the package information to find out when your delivery will take place.
How can I track my parcel?
You should have a parcel tracking number or reference number that you can use to track your order. You can do this by going online and entering the information or by calling the DPD number above.
How can I find out where my parcel is?
Go to their website and enter your reference number into the ‘Tracking’ form and click ‘Track’ – you should be able to find your reference number on your receipt or purchase confirmation. On the following webpage, you should receive information on the last known location of your parcel.
I’m not going to be in when my parcel is delivered – what should I do?
Go to their website and enter your reference number into the ‘Tracking’ form. On the following page, you should be given a number of options about parcel delivery. Unfortunately, you cannot change the time slot of your delivery. However, you can organise your parcel to be left at a neighbour’s house, in a safe area on your property or at a local shop. You may also be able to change the date of your parcel’s delivery.
Where can I find my reference number?
If you are the parcel sender, you should have been given a reference number for your delivery order via receipt or confirmation email. If you are the recipient of a parcel, you should contact the parcel sender to ask for the reference number. Alternatively, if they attempted to deliver your parcel while you were out of the house, you should have been left a ‘Sorry We Missed You’ card with the reference number of the item.
Can I pick up my parcel instead of having it delivered to my house?
Yes. Simply go to their website and enter your reference number and postcode into the ‘Tracking’ form. On the next page, you should be provided with options of local ‘pickup shops’. Choose the most convenient shop, then they will usually arrange for your parcel to be delivered there the day after the original expected delivery date. Keep in mind, you may need to provide both photo ID and addressed ID (like a bill) to be able to pick up your item from a local shop.
How can I find my local ‘DPD Pickup Shop’?
Go to the ‘DPD Pickup Shop Finder’ page on their website. Type your postcode into the relevant field and view the nearest pickup locations by list or map form.
My parcel hasn’t arrived when I expected it to – is there a service delay in my area?
If your parcel has not arrived on time, there could be a service delay in your area. You can find out about local disruptions to services by going to the ‘Service Disruption’ page on their website. Simply type in your postcode and click ‘Submit’ – the results should show if there are any nearby delays as well as how long the delay is expected to be. Alternatively you can call the DPD telephone number on this page.
What is ‘MyDPD’ and how can I use it?
‘MyDPD’ is an online account service for their customers. You can register to use this account on their website. The service is recommended for small and large businesses that regularly send parcels via DPD. This account can be used to create deliveries, arrange collections, track parcels, manage payments and even to print labels.
What UK services does DPD offer?
Along with regular delivery services, they offer next day delivery, including delivery before midday, and weekend deliveries. The company also provides a ‘Swap It’ service, which means customers can arrange a driver to swap goods or return equipment on their behalf. They also offer a ‘Reverse It’ service, with which customers can arrange deliveries and pickups to be made at the same time. If you have any queries about their UK services, simply call the DPD customer service number above.
What International services does DPD offer?
Their most popular International delivery services include ‘Air Classic’, ‘DPD Classic’, ‘DPD Direct, ‘DPD Express’ and ‘International Mail’. These services vary from EU to worldwide delivery, basic postal services to full tracking, and delivery solutions especially for online retailers. To find out more about any of the above services, contact the DPD team.
Have a better contact number for DPD?
- 1 What is the best helpline number for DPD?
- 1.1 How to Contact DPD Customer Services
- 1.1.1 Things to Remember When You Call the DPD Contact Number
- 1.1.2 DPD Customer Service FAQ
- 1.1.3 Can I change where my package is delivered?
- 1.1.4 When will my parcel be delivered?
- 1.1.5 How can I track my parcel?
- 1.1.6 How can I find out where my parcel is?
- 1.1.7 I’m not going to be in when my parcel is delivered – what should I do?
- 1.1.8 Where can I find my reference number?
- 1.1.9 Can I pick up my parcel instead of having it delivered to my house?
- 1.1.10 How can I find my local ‘DPD Pickup Shop’?
- 1.1.11 My parcel hasn’t arrived when I expected it to – is there a service delay in my area?
- 1.1.12 What is ‘MyDPD’ and how can I use it?
- 1.1.13 What UK services does DPD offer?
- 1.1.14 What International services does DPD offer?
- 1.1 How to Contact DPD Customer Services