HMRC is open Monday through Friday 8:00am – 8.00pm, Saturday 8:00am – 4.00pm, and Sunday 9:00am – 5.00pm.

What is the best helpline number for HMRC?

*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.

HMRC stands for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, a governmental department in the UK.
HMRC’s responsibility is mainly collecting taxes, such as corporation tax, income tax, VAT, stamp duty, inheritance tax, and more. Aside from this, HMRC also carry out some other important tasks, like regulating the national minimum wage and administering financial benefits to the general population – these include tax credits and child benefits. Customs and excise duty are also an important part of HMRC’s role in the country.

As a result of restructuring, HMRC has undergone significant changes of late, including introducing the Pay As You Earn system for monthly, rather than annual taxes, in 2013. Current plans are to downsize HMRC branches and have their tasks redistributed to regional centres.

HMRC is also responsible for investigating tax and financial crimes related to smuggling and illegal import of goods, as this falls under customs and excise duty. As a result, HMRC are able to search and arrest individuals suspected of such acts.

How to Contact HMRC Helpline

HMRC have a helpline which operates six days a week. From Monday to Friday the lines of contact are open from 8:00AM until 8:00PM. On Saturdays, they run from 8:00AM to 4:00PM and on Sundays from 9:00AM-5:00PM. The HM Revenue and Customs number is closed on Sundays. Please note that the HMRC phone number’s hours do not apply to holidays.

Things to Remember When You Call HMRC Contact Number

  • It’s best if you have all your details prepared and on hand before you call the HMRC number. If you have tax numbers, case numbers, or previous contact information and correspondence on hand, this will greatly help your call and ensure that it’s quick and effective.
  • HMRC operate an automated phone line in the first instance. Listen closely and follow any instructions to be put through to the correct department. Listening attentively is the best way to ensure your call is dealt with as quickly as possible.
  • Even if you are frustrated, remember to be polite and courteous to staff, as their job is to assist you. Doing so is a sure fire way of having an effective and productive call that benefits both parties.


I need help with my SA return, can I call HMRC customer service for this?

Yes, if you need help on filling out your Self Assessment tax return, you can call and receive guidance from the HMRC telephone helpline. Remember to have your Self Assessment form and any other related documents in front of you, and writing down your query usually helps, too.

Can I pay over the phone or request a refund?

Depending on your circumstances, this may be possible. It’d be best in this case to call the HM Revenue and Customs contact number above with your specific situation and talk directly to an agent who will be able to guide you in the most effective manner.

I made a mistake on my VAT form – should I call for help or resubmit it?

If you’ve submitted a VAT form with an error, you cannot submit it again for at least 2 days. If you need more information or a special request relating to this form or an error on the form, then you should call the HM Revenue and Customs phone number above for assistance. However, if you’ve just submitted it with an error, we’d suggest waiting for 2 days before submitting the form again.

HMRC Online Registration

How can I register for an online HMRC account?

Before you register for an online HMRC account, work out what kind of account you need to sign up for. Depending on the kind of work you do or the business that you will be using the account for, you could need an ‘Individual’ account or an ‘Organisation’ account.

Next, go to the ‘Log In’ page on the HMRC website and click either the ‘New User’ link or the ‘Register’ link. On the following page, choose the relevant kind of account that you need and create your new log in details.

You will be issued with an ‘ID’ that you will need to write down and keep safe – this is very important as the ID may not be shown again.
Within a few working days, you will be sent an ‘Activation Code’ by post. If you live outside of the UK, it could take significantly longer to receive your Activation Code.

Follow the instructions in the letter to activate your online HMRC account, using the ID that you were issued online and the Activation Code in the letter. Make sure you do this as soon as possible, as the Activation Code may have an expiry date.

You should now be able to log in to your online HMRC account with the log in details that you created earlier.

Please note: There are also ‘Agent’ and ‘Pensions’ accounts available, but these are usually only used by agents and administrators on behalf of clients. Unless you will be using your online account to process information of others, you will likely need the ‘Individual’ or ‘Organisation’ account type.

Why can’t I activate my online HMRC account?

To activate your online HMRC account, you should have registered for online services and received an Activation Code by post. If you are having problems activating your account using the Activation Code, check that it has not expired and that you are entering the correct letters and/or digits. If you still cannot activate your account, contact the HMRC team for support.

What should I do if I don’t receive an Activation Code?

Once you have registered for an online service, you should usually receive an Activation Code by post within a few days. If you don’t receive an Activation Code, get in touch with the support team by calling the HMRC telephone number on this page. At the time of writing, applicants residing in the UK should receive their Activation Code within five working days, and those applying from overseas should receive a code within 21 working days.

I’ve forgotten my online account user ID/password – what should I do?

If you forget your online username or password, or both, you can easily retrieve it online. Simply go to the ‘Sign In’ page on the HMRC website. Underneath the section where you would normally enter your log in details, you should see a list of useful links, including ‘Forgotten User ID, ‘Forgotten Password’, and ‘Forgotten User ID and Password’.

Click the relevant link and follow the onscreen instructions to retrieve your log in details.

Why can’t I log in to my online HMRC account?

If you can’t log in to your online account, it may be because you have entered the wrong log in information too many times. For security purposes, HMRC will lock the accounts of users who have entered incorrect information a number of times. Usually the account will be unlocked a couple of hours later, then users can try to log in again.

My contact details have changed – how can I update them on my account?

If any of your contact details change, such as your email address, it’s important to update this information online as soon as possible. To do this, log in to your online HMRC account, open the menu and click the ‘Your Account’ link.

On the following page, you can change your contact details by following the ‘Change Details’ link or the ‘Update Personal Details’ link. In general, the ‘Change Details’ section is used to update the email address used to log in to your account and retrieve lost log in details.

The ‘Update Personal Details’ link is usually used to update contact details that HMRC will use to make contact with you, such as your address, phone number and personal email address.

How can I change my online account user ID or password?

It’s not possible to change the user ID issued to you by HMRC. However, you can change your online account password via your online account. Simply log in online, click the ‘Your Account’ link and then click the ‘Change Password’ link.

Can I register for an online HMRC account from overseas?

Yes. When registering for an online HMRC account, you should not have to enter a UK address, unless you are registering as a PAYE Employee or a Corporation Tax Agent. Simply register as usual, using your overseas address. An Activation Code should then be sent to your address overseas within 21 working days.

I have received a user ID in the past – can I still use it?

Yes. If you have registered for a user ID, sometimes known as a Government Gateway ID, you should still be able to use it to register for online services.

Are there any email address formats that I cannot register with?

Yes. There are some kinds of email addresses that will not be accepted for registration for HMRC online services. At the time of writing, the acceptable email address characters include A-Z, a-z, 0-9, periods, hyphens and underscores.

Email addresses should have one ‘at’ symbol and end with ‘’ or ‘.com’. If your email address does not adhere to these guidelines, you may not be able to use it to register for HMRC online services.

HMRC Agents

What can I do with the ‘Agent Authorisation Online Service’?

If you are an agent for an individual using HMRC online services, you can use the ‘Agent Authorisation Online Service’ to inform HMRC that you will be acting on behalf of a client as well as when you no longer represent a client.

Can I still use the ‘64-8’ form or the ‘FBI2’ form instead of online services?

Yes. You can continue to use the ‘64-8’ form or the ‘FBI2’ form instead of online services, if you would prefer. However, these forms may have some limitations to the amount of access agents can have to their client’s information.

Using online services often allows agents the authorisation to all PAYE-related matters of their clients. The service also allows agents to send requests for their clients in bulk, view all information online and receive immediate online confirmation of authorisation request receipt. Contact HM Revenue and Customs if you have additional queries.

How can I sign up for the Agent Authorisation Online Service?

First, you will need to log in to your online HMRC account. Then, go to the ‘Your Services’ page and click the ‘Authorise Client’ link. Alternatively, go to the ‘At A Glance’ page and click the ‘Request Authorisation’ page.

Then, follow the onscreen instructions to set up Agent Authorisation Online Services for a client. The client should receive an ‘Authorisation Code’ by post, which they will need to give to you to activate the service.

Please note: Your client’s Authorisation Code may have an expiry date – make sure to activate your Agent Authorisation Online Service before the code expires.

How long will it take for my client to receive an Authorisation Code?

At the time of writing, HMRC states that clients should receive an Authorisation Code no later than 10 working days after the request is made.

Why hasn’t my client received an Authorisation Code?

If there is a known problem with sending an Authorisation Code to your client, you should be sent an email to explain the reason why.

If it appears that your client has been sent an Authorisation Code but they haven’t received it, the most likely explanation is that HMRC holds an incorrect address for the client. To find out what address is on record and, if needs be, to update the address, your client will need to contact the HM Revenue and Customs telephone number directly.

Once any incorrect information has been updated, you should wait approximately three days before requesting another Authorisation Code, to ensure it is sent to the updated address.

What happens if my client loses the Authorisation Code or it expires?

If the Authorisation Code sent to your client is lost or expires, you will need to request a new one. To do this, log in to your online account, go to the ‘Authorise Client’ page and click the ‘Lost Code’ link next to the relevant client’s details.

Why can’t I submit my Authorisation Code?

You may have entered the Authorisation Code incorrectly or the code could have expired. Check what date the Authorisation Code was issued and that it has not expired. If the code is out of date, you will need to order another one. You should also check that your client has given you the correct code – it’s important to note that the code is case sensitive and should be entered online exactly as shown on the letter.

If the above advice does not solve the problem, contact the HMRC customer service team for support.

As an agent, what changes can I make for my clients online?

As an authorised agent for an individual or business, you should be able to make a number of changes online. In most cases, you can change the business address, business contact details and business trade name.

You should also be able to add and delete trade names as well as add, delete and change communication details. You can make these changes by logging in to your account, selecting the relevant PAYE service and clicking the ‘About Your Client’ link.

I’ve merged with another agent – do I need re-authorisation for each of my clients?

No. Even if you merge with another agent and your ‘Agent Code’ changes, your clients’ records should be automatically updated with your new Agent Code.

What can I do by registering for Online Self Assessment?

With access to a Self Assessment online, you should also have access to National Insurance, Partnerships and Trusts. Furthermore, you can view past statements and payments, pay tax and claim due repayments, contact HMRC with account-related questions, edit contact details and remove agents.

HMRC Pensions

Can I register for Pension Schemes Online?

Yes. You will need to be a Practitioner or a Scheme Administrator to register for services online. To become a Pension Scheme Practitioner or Pension Scheme Administrator, you will need to pre-register on the Pension Schemes Online website.

After pre-registering, you should receive an ID which allows you to register for Pension Schemes Online on the HMRC website.
Please note: This service is not meant to be used by individuals claiming a pension; the online service is usually used by professionals who are organising Pension Schemes for others.

How can I get an ‘Activation Token’?

An ‘Activation Token’ is a security code provided by HMRC when individuals first pre-register for Pension Schemes Online. Once you have pre-registered online, HMRC should send you an Activation Token via post within a few working days.

You should then use the token to complete your full registration online. If you don’t receive an Activation Token within five working days of pre-registering online, contact the HMRC customer service team.

What happens if I lose my Activation Token?

If you lose your Activation Token, it cannot be reissued. However, when you register for an online service with the Government Gateway, you should be automatically sent an ‘Activation Code’ by post, which can also be used to activate your account.

You should receive an Activation Code within a few working days of registering for an online service. If you do not receive a new Activation Code, contact the HMRC customer service number to request a new one.

I’ve lost my Pension Schemes Online ID – what should I do?

If you have only reached the pre-registration stage, you will need to contact the Pension Schemes team to retrieve your lost ID. If you have fully registered, you should be able to view your lost ID when you log in to your Pension Schemes Online account. Once you have logged in, click the ‘Pension Schemes’ link and your ID should appear at the top of the following page.

When can I start using my Pension Schemes Online account?

You should be able to use your online account as soon as you activate it with an Activation Token. If you have not received your Activation Token yet, you will have to wait until you receive it to gain access to your online account.

How can I set up other users on my Pension Schemes Online account?

Sign in to your online Government Gateway account and go to the ‘Users’ section of the account. Here, you should be able to add others within your company or organisation as ‘Users’ or ‘Assistants’. ‘Users’ should be able to use many of the same services as you do on the online account and they may be able to sign up for new services too. Whereas, ‘Assistants’ will have slightly more limited access to your online account.

Where can I find my Pension Scheme Tax Reference?

If you have registered online for tax relief or exemptions on your Pension Scheme, you should receive confirmation of you Pension Scheme Tax Reference by post or email, or it should be able to be viewed in your online account. If you cannot find your Pension Scheme Tax Reference, you should contact HMRC for advice.

Which forms do I need to fill in online?

Although some Pension Scheme forms can be filled in on paper, others are required to be filled in and submitted online.

At the time of writing, the paperwork that needs to be filled in online includes; accounting for tax returns, applications to register pension schemes, event reports, notifications of ‘Winding-Up’ a registered Pension Scheme, scheme administrator’s declarations, termination of scheme administrator’s appointments notifications, and registered Pension Scheme returns.

Can I make amendments to paperwork sent online?

Yes. Online Pension Scheme users should be able to amend and edit forms sent online, including returns. To do this, log in to your online account, click the ‘Reports’ link in the menu and choose the file that you would like to amend. Next, make the amendments online and submit the new information.

Do I have to submit edits that I make online immediately?

No. Many edits and amendments that you make to reports can be saved for a limited amount of time. Depending on the type of software, report and account, the edited information on the file could be saved for up to 11 months.

While your edits are saved, the file should be marked with the label ‘Incomplete Tasks’ – this means that the changes have not been submitted. Once you have finished editing your file, you can submit it. Keep in mind, some forms have expiry dates which you will need to submit the form in time for.

How can I view my notices and reminders online?

Many Pension Scheme notices and reminders should be available on your online account. To view notices and reminders, log in to your online account, click the ‘File Your Forms and Returns’ link and then click the ‘Pensions Schemes’ link.

On the following page, click ‘View Your Pension Service Messages’ and then click ‘View Messages’. Here, you should be able to view notices and reminders about your Pension Scheme.

If you have more than one Pension Scheme on your account, you may be given the option to ‘Select A Pension Scheme’ after you click ‘File Your Forms and Returns’. If you would like to view notices and reminders for a specific Pension Scheme, simply enter the scheme’s tax reference into the ‘Select A Pension Scheme’ section and click ‘Go’. Next, click ‘Pension Service Notices for Scheme’ and then click ‘View All Notices’.

HMRC Self Assessment

What are Self Assessment Tax Returns?

Self Assessment Tax Returns are tax returns managed by the taxpaying individual themselves – they are mainly used to collect tax from incomes where tax is not automatically deducted.
Most pensions, savings and wages will likely have taxes deducted from them automatically by HMRC.

However, if you have income that is not automatically taxed, you may need to report your earnings and arrange to pay the owed tax via Self Assessment. For example, you may use Self Assessment if you are self-employed, a sole trader, or in a partnership.

Who should use Self Assessment?

There are a number of different circumstances in which you may be required to use Self Assessment. You will likely need to use Self Assessment if during the tax year you were self-employed or you earned a significant amount of untaxed income – currently, you should use Self Assessment if you earn more than £2,500 of untaxed income.

You should also use Self Assessment if your income from dividends from shares or investments/savings is £10,000+ before tax. Individuals who have income from overseas, a UK income while living abroad, income over £100,000, a household income of over £50,000 while also claiming Child Benefit, income from selling a home or shares, or income from selling other chargeable assets, will likely need to use Self Assessment.

If in the last tax year you were a trustee of a pension scheme, a trustee of a trust, a CEO, or you received a P800 from HMRC, you may also need to use Self Assessment.

How can I submit my Self Assessment Tax Return?

Self Assessment Tax Returns can be submitted by post or online.

To submit your return by post, you should download and print out the Self Assessment Tax Return form, and send it to HMRC by the deadline. At the time of writing, the paper form is titled ‘SA100’ and the deadline to submit the form is by the 31st of October of the following tax year that you are submitting the return for.

To submit your tax return online, you should register for Self Assessment online services, fill in the relevant online form and submit it by the deadline. At the time of writing, the deadline for online tax returns is the 31st of January of the following tax year.

How can I register for Self Assessment Online Services?

Before you can register for Self Assessment Online Services, you will need to create a Government Gateway account – this can be done on the government website. Once you have created an account, you should be issued with a User ID, which you will need to save until later. Shortly after you have created an account, you should also be sent an Activation Code by post.

Once you have your User ID and your Activation Code, you can register for Self Assessment Online Services on the HMRC website. Simply click the ‘Register For and File Self Assessment Tax Returns’ link on the HMRC website and follow the onscreen instructions.

You may need your Unique Taxpayer Reference, National Insurance Number and postcode to hand. Furthermore, you may be asked to verify your identity by signing in to ‘GOV.UK Verify’, a fast online verification service.

What dates should I remember as a Self Assessment user?

Self Assessment users are responsible for submitting and paying their own taxes, so it’s important to know some of the deadlines in place.

You need to register for Self Assessment by the 5th of October of the following tax year that you intend to pay taxes for. For example, if you would like to use self assessment services for the tax year 16/17 – which is from the 6th of April 2016 until the 5th of April 2017 – you will need to register by the 5th of October 2017.

Paper tax returns should be submitted by the 31st of October of the following tax year. And, both online tax returns and owed tax payments should be submitted by the 31st of January of the following tax year. That means, for the tax year 16/17, paper tax returns should be submitted by the 31st of October 2017, online tax returns should be submitted by the 31st of January 2018 and any owed tax should be paid by the 31st of January 2018.

Can I claim Tax Relief using Self Assessment?

Yes. You may be able to claim Tax Relief for charity donations, contributions to private pension schemes or work expenses. However, whether you receive Tax Relief depends on your circumstances and the amount of money you are claiming Tax Relief for. To find out if you are eligible to claim Tax Relief using Self Assessment, contact the HMRC team.

What happens if I don’t pay my taxes on time?

If you are late to pay your taxes, you may be charged a penalty. You could also be charged a penalty if you do not submit your Self Assessment Tax Return on time. However, if you have an acceptable reason for missing your deadline, you may be able to appeal the penalty.

At the time of writing, there is a fixed fee of £100 for tax returns that are submitted up to three months late. After three months, the penalty will be higher. To find out how much you could be charged for a late tax return or payment, try using the ‘Estimate Your Penalty for Late Self Assessment Tax Returns and Payments’ page on the government website.


I received an error message when I submitted by VAT form – how do I know it’s been submitted?

Log in to your online account and click the ‘Submit A Return’ link. On the following page, you should be able to see options for periods of time that VAT has not been submitted for. If you can see the period that you received an error message for, the return has not been submitted and you will have to attempt to submit it again.

If you cannot see the period you attempted to submit a return for, it should have been successfully submitted.

Why am I receiving an error message that says ‘All Fields Must Be Numeric’?

When you are filling in your online VAT Return, some fields will require numbers only. If you have included any symbols that are not numbers, such as the pound sign or a space, you may need to delete these before the information is accepted.

What is the ‘Flat Rate Scheme’ and how can I use it?

The ‘Flat Rate Scheme’ is a type of accounting available to many small businesses. The scheme allows business owners to apply a fixed flat-rate percentage (decided in advance by HMRC) to their gross turnover. This should simplify the record-keeping and accounting process for many businesses, and will help working out the amount of VAT due more easily.

To use the Flat Rate Scheme, business owners need to be aware of the latest VAT notices and flat-rates. To find out the latest updates on flat rates, go to the government website and view the latest ‘VAT Notice’ document – this can usually be found on the ‘Publications’ page or by using the website search bar. It’s important to note that there are different flat-rates for different types of businesses.

In practice, most business owners using the Flat Rate Scheme should be able to fill in their return online or on paper, as usual.

What do I put in boxes 8 and 9 of my VAT Return?

At the time of writing, boxes 8 and 9 on your VAT Return should be used to input the value of intra-EC goods acquired or supplied, as well as any related costs. Do not use the boxes to report the value of any services supplied or acquired.

I’ve filled in my VAT Return late – will my Direct Debit still be taken?

Yes. Money should be collected from your bank account a few days after you have submitted your VAT Return. The payment may be collected slightly later than usual due to the late submission of your return.

How can I view my VAT Tax Position?

The easiest way to view your VAT Tax Position is by logging in to your online account. Once you have logged in on the government website, click the ‘At A Glance’ link to view your VAT account balance. On this page, you should also be able to view previous returns, payments, penalties, adjustments and repayments.

How can I get another ‘Activation Code’?

An ‘Activation Code’ is often sent to users after they sign up for an online HMRC service and can be used to activate the service. Activation Codes often have an expiry date and need to be used within a certain timeframe. If your Activation Code expires or is lost, you will need to request a new one. To do this, go to the log in page and click the ‘Lost or Expired Activation Code’ link.

How can I change my registration details online?

You should have been automatically signed up for the service used to change your registration details when you registered for VAT online. However, if you have not signed up for VAT Online Services, you will need to do so before you can change your registration details online.

Once you are registered for online service, go to the ‘Your HMRC Services’ page and then click the ‘Change Registration Details’ link.

Please note: You may be sent an Activation Code specifically to activate the service to change your registration details online. You may not be able to change your details until you have activated the service using the Activation Code.

I can’t change my registration details – what should I do?

If a request to change any of your registration details has been made online recently, you may not be able to submit another online request until a certain amount of time has passed. At the time of writing, you will need to wait at least 48 hours to submit a second request for registration detail changes.

However, if you have not made a recent request to change your registration details and still cannot make changes, you should contact HMRC directly for support.

Is it possible to change/cancel requests made online?

No. If you have submitted a request on your online account which you would like to change or cancel, you will likely need to wait for the request to be accepted and then make another request. In most cases, users will need to wait 48 hours before they can make a second request.

HMRC Business Online Taxes

Why should I register my business for Online Tax Services?

There are many benefits of registering a business for taxes online. Instead of needing to fill out a number of paper forms, you can submit all of your taxes online in one place. This often means that those using Online Tax Services do not have to provide time-consuming duplicate information.

Once you register for Online Tax Services, you will also find that you are automatically enrolled for a number of services relevant to you, so that you don’t have to spend time searching for the correct forms and files. Finally, there is lots of easily accessible information and support available at the click of a button to those who do their taxes online.

Do I need a new Unique Taxpayer Reference my business for Online Tax Services?

No. If you already have a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR), you should be able to use it to sign up for Online Tax Services for your business. However, if you have already used your UTR to sign up for Self Assessment Services as a self-employed individual, you may need to deregister this account first.

On the other hand, if you used your UTR to sign up for Self Assessment Services in order to report income from another source, such as income from a property, you may not need to deregister your account.

Once you have deregistered any conflicting online services, you should be able to register your business for Online Tax Services using your original UTR.

Can I use my existing Government Gateway user ID to register my business for online taxes?

Possibly. If you signed up as an organisation when you received your Government Gateway ID, you should be able to use the same user ID and password to register your business for online taxes.

However, if you registered as an individual when you received your Government Gateway ID, you won’t be able to use the same user ID to register your business. In this case, you should sign up for a new Government Gateway ID in order to register you business for Online Tax Services.

Can an agent register my business for Online Tax Services?

Yes. An agent can register your business for Online Tax Services. However, this does not necessarily mean that the agent is authorised to act on your behalf. Your agent will have to fill in the ‘64-8’ form or register for Online Agent Authorisation to be able to act on your behalf.

Can my Online Tax Registration be shared with another person?

Yes. If you would like to give another person access to your business’ Online Tax Services, you can add them as a ‘Delegate’. To grant another individual access to your accounts as a delegate, the individual will need to have their own Government Gateway ID.

You should then be able to invite the individual to be a delegate. HMRC will then provide you with a code and a reference number which your delegate can use to confirm that they have your permission to access the account.

Please note: Delegates will be able to amend, complete and view tax returns, but they will not be able to submit them.

What happens after I have registered my business for Online Tax Services?

Once you have submitted your application to register your business for Online Tax Services, HMRC should review and verify your application. You should then be contacted via post or the online Customer Communications Service for each tax application you have made.

The communication you receive may ask for further information in regards to your application or it may confirm your application had been verified.

Once all relevant information has been submitted and your account has been verified, you should be automatically registered for a number of online services. You will need to use the Activation Code sent by HMRC to activate each online service. Then, you should be able to log in online and access a number of Online Tax Services, including creating and submitting tax returns.

Please note: If you are an agent registering for Online Tax Services for a client, you will not be automatically registered for online services – your client must do this themselves.

How do I know if there’s a message in my Customer Communications Area?

You should receive an email when there is a message in your Customer Communications Area. The email address which you will be contacted on will be the one you used to register for HMRC services. For this reason, it’s important to give the correct email address when signing up for any HMRC services.

Can I respond to message in my Customer Communications Area?

No. You can only receive messages in your Customer Communications Area, you cannot send messages. If you need to respond to a message you have received, use the contact details stated in the message or contact the HMRC customer service team.

Have a better contact number for HMRC?