Severn Trent is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

What is the best customer service number for Severn Trent?

*This website advises that calls to 084 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.

Severn Trent Water customer services can offer you help and advice about your water supply, waste water management, and account information.

Before calling the Severn Trent contact number

Make sure you have any necessary documents to hand. You may need:

  • Your address details, including the postcode
  • Your Severn Trent Water (STW) account number (you can find this at the top of your bill)
  • Your payment information, such as your bank account details
  • A water meter reading, if you have a meter
  • Your contact details

Popular reasons for calling Severn Trent customer services include:

  • Making a payment
  • Registering a new address
  • Reporting a problem with your water supply
  • Reporting a problem with drains or sewers
  • Reporting a water leak
  • Submitting a water meter reading

Frequently asked questions

Why do I have no water or low pressure?

The problem affects your neighbours
If you have problems with your water pressure, and your neighbours do too, it is probably related to a problem in your area. Call customer services for advice.

The problem doesn’t affect your neighbours
If the problem only affects you and not your neighbours, especially if you’ve had plumbing work done recently, it is likely to be a problem with your building. You will need to call a plumber.

Only the upstairs taps are affected
If your cold tap downstairs closest to the stop tap is working properly, but you are experiencing a loss of pressure or no water supply upstairs, it usually means there is a problem with the water pressure. Call customer services for advice.

Only the hot water is affected
If the problem only affects your hot water supply, but your cold water is working normally, the problem is probably related to your building, and you will need to call a plumber.

Some things to check

Sometimes, problems with water supply are caused by a problem in or near your building. Try doing the following:

  • Check that your stop tap is turned on.
  • Ask your neighbours if they have recently carried out any plumbing work that may have affected a communal water pipe.
  • If the weather is very cold, make sure your pipes have not frozen.

What should I do if my tap water discoloured?

Causes of discoloured water
If your tap water looks murky, with a black, brown, orange or yellow discolouration, there could be a number of possible causes. Reasons for discoloured tap water include a burst water pipe or ageing plumbing.

How to fix it
If the problem lasts for more than one hour and also affects your neighbour’s tap water, they recommend running the cold tap in the kitchen at a steady rate for about twenty minutes until the water runs clear.

If the water is still discoloured, turn the tap off, wait for twenty minutes, and then run the cold tap again for another twenty minutes. If the water still does not run clear, call the Severn Trent phone number for advice.

Why is my water cloudy?

Small air bubbles in your water can make it appear cloudy, milky or grey. This is usually caused by nearby repair works or faulty pipes in your building. If it doesn’t clear up by itself soon, contact Severn Trent customer services.

Is Severn Trent my water company?

They are in charge of water supply and waste water treatment for houses across the Midlands and some parts of Wales.
If you’ve recently moved house and you live on the border of this region, you may not be sure who your water company is. Call Severn Trent Water contact number for advice.

I have a special medical condition – what should I do?

Some customers have a medical condition that could be affected by interruptions to their water supply, such as customers who use a dialysis machine at home.

Pre-planned water works
Make sure you inform the customer service representative at the Severn Trent Water number about any medical needs that you have. This will allow them to inform you in advance of any pre-planned works in your area that may lower water pressure or shut-off your water supply.

They can also try to contact you to discuss what time water works would cause you the least disruption.

Emergency water works
In some situations, such as a burst main, they will not be able to inform you in advance of works. However, they will try to keep you informed of developments and may provide you with an alternative water supply in the meantime.

How can I view my bill online?

Their bills usually come once or twice a year. The company will usually send you an email when your bill is available to view online. All you need to do is follow the link to view your eBill.

How can I pay my Severn Trent water bill?

Severn Trent customers can pay their bills via a weekly/monthly payment plan, online, over the phone or by post. It’s also possible to set up payments through your bank in the form of a direct debit, by paying remotely or by paying over the counter.

Alternatively, you can pay at a PayPoint store with a bill or WaterCard, at your local Post Office with cash, or via the Barclays Pingit App. Call the Severn Trent Water customer services number to discuss your options.

I’m a landlord – what do I need to tell you about my property?

If you are a landlord, you need to update them when you have a change of tenant or if you have a letting agency managing your property.

They recommend using the ‘Landlord Tenant Address Portal’ to update tenant changes online. You may also call the Severn Trent number above.

How should I let Severn Trent know that I’m moving house?

Simply get in touch with the Severn Trent customer service team with information on the date that you are moving house and your new address.

A Severn Trent staff member should be able to tell you if they supply water at your new address and, if they do, help you open an account at your new property. You may need to provide a meter reading on the last day in your old house.

If you cannot provide a meter reading, they may provide a final bill based on an estimate of your usage.

Are there any payment schemes for people on benefits?

Yes. If you receive benefits, such as Employment Support Allowance, Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance, Pension Credit or Universal Credit, you can apply to pay your bill via the Water Direct Scheme.

The scheme organises for your payments to be made directly from the Department of Work and Pensions. This means that you won’t have to remember to make payments, the department will make payments via deductions from your benefits instead.

You will be charged the current year’s charges and you may also be charged arrears weekly for money owed.

Do I still have to pay charges if my property is empty?

Possibly. If your water supply needs to stay connected and available for use, you will still be charged.

If you do not need an available water supply, they can disconnect your water supply and you should not have to pay charges. Call the Severn Trent Water phone number to arrange the disconnection.

Can I have more than one account attached to my Severn Trent online profile?

Yes. You may have more than one account due to having more than one property. You can connect more than one account to your main profile by logging in to your online account.

Simply click the ‘Manage Accounts’ link and then click ‘Add Another Account’. You should then be given the option to enter the information of another account you would like to attach to your main account.

In fact, you may be able to have up to 30 accounts attached to the same online profile.

How can I register for an online account?

Go to their website and click the ‘Create An Account’ link. Enter the requested information, such as your account number and postcode, and follow the online instructions on the next page.

I’ve forgotten my online username/password – how can I retrieve it?

If you’ve forgotten the username or password for your online account, simply click the ‘Forgotten Username’ or ‘Forgotten Password’ link on the page where you would usually log in.

Depending on what information you have forgotten, you may have to enter your email address, username or password.

Once you have submitted the relevant information, you should be able to retrieve or reset you username/password.

What should I do if I think I have a leak?

Get in contact with the Severn Trent customer service team to report the leak. You should report the leak as soon as possible to avoid charges for wasted water.

It’s also important to report the problem early to avoid damage to your property. If your property is damaged due to a water leak, you may be able to claim compensation from Severn Trent.

However, each claim is assessed individually and not all leaks will be compensated for. Call the Severn Trent Water telephone number and speak with a representative to discuss your options.

I think my water pipes are frozen – what should I do?

If your water supply has slowed down or stopped during very cold weather, it may be due to cold weather. Severn Trent recommends that you ask your neighbours if they are having the same problem. If so, contact Severn Trent to report that your pipes are frozen.

About Severn Trent Water

Severn Trent Water is a water company that supplies water and manages waste water to some parts of England and Wales. It takes its name from the two major rivers that run through its catchment area, the River Severn and the River Trent.

If you live in England or Wales, your water company is assigned to you based upon where you live. Severn Trent Water customers live in the Midlands of England and some parts of Wales.

During the 18th Century, there were hundreds of companies and local government bodies that were responsible for different aspects of managing water, including water supply, sewage and river pollution.

Regional Water Authorities

By the 19th Century, many of these companies were purchased by local councils. Then, under the 1973 Water Act, the various bodies were grouped together according to their location, forming ten regional water authorities.


Severn Trent Water Authority was one of the ten water authorities. It was owned by the government until 1989, when it was transferred into private ownership and began operating under the name Severn Trent Plc, the parent company of a number of companies including Severn Trent Water and Severn Trent Services.
Severn Trent now supplies water to around 3.8 million customers in the Midlands of England and some parts of Wales.

Severn Trent Water Postal address

Severn Trent Water Ltd
Customer Relations
PO Box 5310

Have a better contact number for Severn Trent?